Thursday, May 31, 2012

Little this, Little that!

We are laying it on you today...double post!!??  What?!!  Well here it goes, you are getting a deal, a dip, and a do!  (All photos taken with the I-phone- in true Vandergirl form....we will work on that!)

Like I said...I hate solo pics!  


DEAL:
So here's the deal on my shirt...It was $4.  I think it was quite a deal...considering it looks brand new and even sports a brand name (Gap). I like it because it's a classic and it has that tailored but free fitting look!  I picked it up at a consignment store called Worn in Des Moines.  It was on their clearance rack...most of their stuff is pricier than $4, but I will definitely go again!
Horrible Dip pic...but it's not a pretty dip anyhow...it's delicious though!  

DIP:
Spicy Black Bean Dip
Olive oil
2 can black beans (save 1/4 c of the juice, drain the rest)
1 chopped red onion
1 chopped green pepper
salt
chili powder
1 tsp cumin
In a large skillet, saute veggies in olive oil for 5 mins.  Add black beans and juice. Simmer 10 mins. Dump into food processor or blender.  Add spices to taste.  (I used a homemade taco seasoning in mine.  I will have to post that recipe another day!)  Pulse in blender. 

Braided bun.  Or Katniss bun. (I will refer to Katniss almost always if a braid is involved)
DO:
Step by step pictures would have been brilliant for this post.  However, it is ridiculously easy, so I will do my best to explain.  Separate hair into 2 sections and make two country girl braids and tie off at the ends. Pull them back to the back of your head and twist them around each other, forming a bun.  Secure with bobby pins!  This is a great do when you really need to wash your hair but can't seem to find the time!  It should work with medium length and long hair!  Don't worry girls with short hair...I have some cute stuff coming for you too! 

Peace out sister.

Katie

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment