Monday, June 4, 2012

$5 Snow Blower = YEE HAW

My friend Gina and I spend our lunch breaks going to thrift stores and garage sales. We work in a suburb that has some pretty great garage sales going on.  Anyways, last Friday, we were driving through a neighborhood and saw a lone ranger sale, so we decided to take a quick peek. Overall, the sale was not very great, but being my grandpa's granddaughter, I see a bright shiny piece of steel out of the corner of my eye and my curiosity was peaked. I quickly investigate and find it is a snowblower with a price tag of $10! I asked what was wrong with it and the girl tells me something is wrong with the carburetor. Well, my grandpa Clate can fix anything, and the snowblower looked pretty nice, so I offer her $3. She runs in the house to ask her mom and the mom approves $5. So, I happily paid my $5 (Gina had to loan me some cash) and was then the proud owner of a Troy Bilt snowblower. The next issue we had to sort out was how to transport the snowblower. Here is what Gina and I finagled:
HAHAHAHA! But it worked and I got it safely home.

After work was over, I called up my grandpa to see if he could look at it. So I go over to his house and the snowblower FIRES UP and CONTINUES TO STAY RUNNING! My grandpa thought I stole the thing for purchasing it for $5. What a deal, huh?!?!  The choke needs some adjusting but I guess that is no big thing to do. A little part of me wonders if the wife of the snowblower owner mistakenly put it up for sale? Maybe he left her and she wanted to get rid of all of his stuff?! Who knows, but I am curious!

I am really excited to have gotten such a good deal on a very nice snowblower that retails for$500+!  Everyone keeps asking me what I plan on doing with the snowblower because I live with my parents, but HELLO, I will be moving out eventually!! And, HELLO, I will be blowing snow with that sexy beast of a snow blower! 

Happy Monday!!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment