Thursday, August 2, 2012

Balloons make me HAPPY

Last night Colby and I went to the Indianola Balloon Classic. I have wanted to go forever but its only once a year and I usually have something that prohibits me from going! This year, we made it down.  The Balloon Classic is basically a huge event in the hot air balloon community. Tons of Balloon-ers launch their balloons and participate in races and other community events. Last night they had a race to see who could get down the lowest and do a ring toss, then they had the "Night Glow". Night Glow is really cool. They all sit down on a big open field, blow up their balloons and then the announcer counts 1...2....3.... and they all pull their fire-pull so their balloons light up. They are soo pretty. Here are some pictures...







 These were crazy-shaped balloons. The green one was a dinosaur, the purple one is some sort of monster, and the black and white one was that famous cartoon skunk.

Eagle shaped balloon. Weighed 700 pounds and was 150 feet tall!








They had some good food. We ate a turkey leg.

My phone died so I don't have a ton of the night-glow pictures. I will try to get some from Colby.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment