Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Outfit and Some Clothing Must-haves


Today is Wednesday. HOORAH. Next week I am on vacation and i.cannot.wait!  Anyways, here is what I wore to work today:
Top is Gap, I purchased it at, wait for it, Salvation Army!...it's got a geometric fabric and has mini flower-like crosses all bunched together. Pants are a black stretch denim (flare) from TJMaxx.  My shoes are random from TJMaxx forever ago (sandle with slight heel/sling back/color is silver).  This outfit is nice because it feels semi-dressy for work but is really comfy.


Now, onto some of my favorite clothing essentials:

Underwear:
Fruit Of The Loom® Womens Wardrobe Hipster - Assorted Patterns/Colors.Opens in a new window
These are Fruit of the Loom Hipster style. I love them. They are my favorite underwear of all time. They are fairly cheap. I usually can get 6 pairs for around $5 to $6!  My sisters and mom make fun of me for wearing these, but I loove them. I am all about comfort, and lets be honest, gross things happen to your underwear, so why pay $5-$25 for ONE pair of undies?  I also like them because they are loose and soft around the elastic parts. Doesn't feel like you are wearing anything. They do give panty-lines, so if you have to wear something without lines, I'd advise going COMMANDO. On a random note: what do you call your underwear/panties/undies?

Jean Shorts:

American Eagle Denim Midi Shorts.  I've been wearing these shorts allll summer long. They are my go-to short. I wear them so much. They are insanely comfortable and I like that dark denim. Katie has a couple pairs too. I just looked and they are marked down to $29.95. Katie and I bought our pairs when it was buy one get one half off.. making them significantly cheaper. Spending over $20 on shorts is not my "norm" but I think you should splurge on a nice pair of shorts. The only draw back with these is I don't feel like they are that dressy. I don't know if jean shorts can be dressy though? I usually wear white shorts if I am dressing something up!

Strapless Bra:
Chantelle Sublime Invisible Plunge <em>Strapless Bra</em> 3954
This is not the strapless bra I own, but it looks similar. You have to have a good strapless bra for summer months when you are rocking cute tank tops.  One thing I can't stand is an ultra padded strapless bra, the cups don't stay on your boobs, and your always having to yank it up (mind you, I am talking from my experience with a smaller bosom that doesn't need lots of support).  As Katie often reminds me, you don't want to look like this:

Sandles with a slight heel:
Though I don't own these Miss Me sandles, they are perfection for a short girl like me. They have a slight heel to elongate your legs when you are wearing shorts.  I have a couple different styles and wear them all the time.

Clark's Leather Sandles:

Clarks Spa (Red Leather)...
Clark's sandles are seriously the BEST purchase I have ever made. I bought a pair about 2 years ago and wear them 50% of the time in the summer. They were expensive.. Over $30 but they are classic. These are not the Clark's I own, but mine are similar. Mine have a sling back around my heel, and are a bronzed brown color. They are seriously great shoes! I wear them all over, even if I am walking a long distance (i.e. going somewhere like the fair for a whole day). Great shoes.

Flowy Tank Tops:
I love tank tops like this. Nice, light, flowy and breezy.. They look super cute and casual. I would even wear this top to work with a cardigan over it.  Of note, this is exactly the reason why you need a good strapless bra.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY PARTY PEOPLE!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment