Monday, August 27, 2012

Hallie's first day and Better than thrifted clothes.

So...I really do have good excuses for my lack of posting.  I figured I better post about them!  We had a couple of fun play dates last week!  Play dates are one way SAHMs (stay-at-home-moms) keep their sanity...just in case you were wondering.  Beyond that, I spent a lot of last week thinking about and preparing Hallie for back-to-school.  We met her teacher (who was lovey) and did a little shopping.  I wanted her to feel special for her first day!  She picked out an outfit and a cute backpack on our shopping date.  Here is my little Hallie sporting her new items!

Hallie also had her first soccer game on Saturday!  She scored 2 goals and had a blast!  She was so excited the whole entire game!


Did you know there are clothes out there that are cheaper than thrift store prices?  No lie.  They can be found in your friends and family's closet!! LOL.  My girlfriend Ally cleaned out her closet and gave me a bag of clothes!  She gave me a lot of really great items!  I have already worn several.  Here are a couple low quality photos to prove it!  Both of these tops came from Ally!


I am going to post later about my mom's big bash for her 50th!  For now, I will leave you with this photo of Sara and I at the Iowa State Fair.  Unfortunately, thanks to Instagram crop, you cannot see the giant Dutch shoes we are standing in. Good times.

Love to you,
Katie
    

No comments:

Post a Comment