Monday, August 20, 2012

Some Things...

The other night, I went  out to dinner and Salvation Army with my dear friend, Amber! We ate at Noodle Zoo and feasted on chicken fajita salad. It.is.so.good. YUMM. Then, we went to Salvation Army. Amber had been wanting to go, and for the most part, I think she liked it. Here's a couple pictures of a cute white inlet top I purchased for around $1.50.

I loved the sleeves. They are dainty and feminine:) I wore this to the Rascal Flatts concert that a ton of people went to last night. Their openings acts were INSANE..They had Eli Young Band (MY FAVES!), Little Big Town and Eden's Edge. Such a great line up.
Here's some group shots (missing lots of ppl but the only ones I've got!):

PS: I loved the earrings I had on.. can you see them? They are torquoise and dainty.
I have had such a busy week. Last week, I traveled to Oklahoma for work on Tuesday and Wednesday, got back around 6pm, picked up Katie and Deana, then hauled our fannies down to the Iowa State Fair to watch Hunter Hayes on the free stage. Colby had a surprise for me and had gotten us a pass to do a meet and greet with him! It's nice having him work for the fair! Here's our pic with Mr. Hayes:
This is Katie's hot pink tank top. I love it. She got it as a gift from TJ Maxx.

On Friday, I went to the Fair with all my family! We do this every year and it is a blast. Such a great time to hang out with everyone and see the kids enjoy themselves. Well this year, we were in for a treat: we saw a baby calf be born! It was soo surreal and made me want to be pregnant!  Hallie, my oldest niece and Katie's firstborn, was there to see it and she loved it! She kept saying, "Do you see that, Sara?!" The vet had to hook a rope around the calf's feet and yank him out, and the poor mama cow looked like she was in so much pain! As soon as the calf came out, Mama Cow walked over and started licking the baby. It was such a powerful moment! Simply amazing to see something like that! Here's some pictures:
You can see the feet/hooves being pulled out of the Mama Cow here.

Mama Cow immediately started licking Baby Calf. So precious.

On Saturday afternoon, I helped my mom and dad install hardwood floors. They are beautiful! It was nice to be able to learn how to install the flooring, too. I think my neck will be mad at me for weeks because of it, though! (I really need a better pillow, I'm thinking. My neck is always out of wack). Here's some pictures of the progress made:

I think Mom and Dad are going to be really happy with it!

And... last but not least, here is an update on my pepper plants! They are just taking off. I have around 5 medium sized peppers, with lots more hanging, just getting ready to get picked! I can't wait until I can actually pick them! Here's a picture:


Anyways, have a happy Monday! It is absolutely gorgeous outside today!  I LOVE IT. I have been humming, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood, so won't you be mine?"  (Loved me some Mr. Rogers back in the day.. Quality TV show if you ask me!).

Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment