Monday, August 13, 2012

Outfit post and Good Times at the IOWA STATE FAIR!! Yee haw.

Hola mi amigas!

So, I had just gotten home from Wisconsin when I was gonna make a little trip down to the greatest place on earth, the IOWA STATE FAIR! I wanted a cute top because I feel like all my clothes are really 'blah' to me. So, where do you wanna guess I went? That's right: Salvation Army!!!  Here's two cute tops I found and wore to the ISF on Saturday and Sunday night.

Saturday night:
Isn't this shirt cute? It's Candies brand (I think from Kohl's likely). Anyways, got it for $1.50. I wore it with dark skinny jeans and little mini-wedge sandles. It was nice and breezy and comfy.

Sunday Night:
Here's the other shirt I bought. It is a weird brand that I don't know but it seemed boutique-esque. Got it for $2.00.  Also, yes I did wear a fanny pack. I have a stiff neck and didn't want to have extra weight on my shoulders. I loved that sucker! Being hands free was ideal. 

Sunday I went down to the ISF with Kelly and Kelly, and their daughter Kadance. We walked all over and saw all of this:
This is a Belgian horse. It was so tall and had a super thick neck.


This was a fat and happy pig! It's legs don't even rest on eachother!

This pig was smiling.


Here's Kadance and Kelly relaxing on some rocking chairs at the ISF museum house.


This cow was soo cute. It's all curled up. Must be a cuddly cow! HE HA.


How gorgeous are these wood floors? They were in the ISF Museum house. They are the original floors from the old country house. I want floors like this someday!


Kadance standing by the state fair winner for Biggest Pumpkin. FYI. this is not even that big. They are usually monsters.. I think the drought might be effecting things this year.


Kadance eating the "hit" new food at the fair: A double wrapped bacon corndog. I had a bite and the bacon flavor was faint. I think they used the skinny little pieces of bacon. They need to put some thick applewood smoked bacon on those suckers!


Butter Cow. Enough said. This is an ISF tradition that goes back forever and ever. They are making a movie about butter sculptors.


This is an old printing press. This guy and his wife were running it. They were laying out an actual newspaper and would put little kids names in it--for free! Kelly and Kelly gave a donation to them and they gave Kadance her metal name press along with her pressed out name. It was so neat.


ALERT! Prepare to be grossed out! This is a foot bath that sucks all the toxins out of your body. These legs are not mine. I was walking by and SHOCKED by what the ladies told me. They told me the water was CLEAR when they started and all that brown/green bubbly stuff represents the toxins literally being expelled by their bodies. How gross is that? It was $30 for 30 minutes, so I didn't do it, but really wanted to try it!


We watched the VitaMix presentation. It is sooo cool.  I want one... but they cost around $500, so I will pass for now!

On Sunday night, Colby got us box seats to the Miranda Lambert concert through his work (ISF). It was pouring down rain and one of the best concerts I've ever been to! Here's some pictures. BTW, Homegirl Miranda rocks.
Here we are looking like wet pups! Colby's brother, Tad, and my cousin, Hannah, went with us!


Me and LoveFace. I love him.

Fanny pack under a sweatshirt=looking like a sassy pregnant lady.

Here's what Miranda wore. She is soo pretty and "real" looking!

Anyways, hope you guys have a great Monday! I am traveling to the great state of Oklahoma Tuesday and Wednesday!

Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment