Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Pony-tail with body and Goodwill shirt and belt


 I have been asked a lot how to I keep body in my hair even when it is in a pony-tail...so, I thought I would tell ya!  I am sure there are several methods on this, but this is what works for me!  I always, always, always back-comb my hair at the crown of my head.  I usually only have to do this right after I wash my hair (which I do only 2xs a week).  But if it is looking flat...let the back-comb be your BFF!
Ignore the lump in my hair...I had it up before this!! :)
Above is a left over back-comb from the night before....as you can see it is pretty settle.  If , I was going to wear my hair down I would have to get after it!  Next pull your hair into a lower pony-tail!  Make your pony-tail holder tight...very tight!
like so.  My face just makes me chuckle...so serious!
Next, pull at your hair at the crown of your head (right where you back-combed it) Keep pulling it until you get the height you like...I also tighten my pony-tail (by pulling the hair in the tail in two pieces in opposite directions) as I pull at it!
like so.
Here is what your finished product should look like!


 It's so easy and it just makes your pony-tail look like you actually spent some time on it!  I also spray a little hair spray into my the "tail" of my pony-tail  and "fluff" to give it a little life!

Also, I wanted to share this shirt and belt I picked up at Goodwill!  I think I spent around $4 for both items!  The shirt is Gap and the belt is JCrew!  Not a bad deal! My shorts are from TJMaxx for around $10-$12!  I like them because they are a respectable length for Wednesday night church or an evening dinner!
A

As I always say to Sara when I hang up the phone with her....Peace.out.

Katie

1 comment: