Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Weekend Randoms

This weekend was BUSY! I loved (almost) every minute of it though!

Friday I went and watched the BF play slow pitch softball. He did really well. I never knew I had such a slugger on my hands!  After the game, we went and loaded up on some carbs (pasta!) because we were running the Dam to Dam race the following morning. This race is 12.8 miles and, if you don't train, can be quite hellacious to complete! It's a really pretty course.  My sister, Lisa; BF; BF's brother; and BF's friend ran it. Everyone did great and the weather was perfect. Here is a picture of my sister and I after the race:
Lisa did really well (finished with mile averages of 8:30/mile), I did OK (finished with 9:30/mile); and BF did really well, too!! I don't have the picture of Colby (aka BF or Love Face) and I.. I will try to find it.  My body was in excruciating pain because I was a mega-major slacker and did not train enough. My foot still feels like its fractured and when I walk up stairs, my knee locks up!!
After we finished running, I went home and sat in the hot tub to relieve my post-race pain. After I got cleaned up, I went flying with my dad. I fly small, single-engine airplanes for fun with my dad and grandpa.  Anyways, we flew a plane they (dad and gramps) purchased a couple months ago and I hadn't gotten around to flying it because they had it tore apart fixing things! Here's a picture of the plane (Cessna 172):
It's beautiful and so different from what I used to fly (Cessna 150, which is a lot smaller). This plane felt really heavy on the controls, which is just something I am going to have to adjust to! It was fun and I ended making some great landings.  On a related note, I would like to draw your attention to what I was wearing:
This shirt I purchased from Salvation Army is awesome. It's kind of an "Old Woman" shirt but I love it. It is a cotton, button-up that was so comfortable for a hot day in the plane! I originally picked it up to wear to this Erich Church concert I am going to this summer, but I like it for a lazy Saturday! My shorts are from American Eagle and I love them. I wear them all the time.

Anyways, later on Saturday we went to my friend's birthday party, which was really fun and really "random". It was "random" because we were at his parent's house out on probably 10 acres and there was a guy that showed up on their front door--he was bleeding from his head.. Turns out, he had been helping his friend (who's car broke down) try to get his car started, and somehow literally had his head ran over by the car!! It was freaky but the guy ended up being OK. My sister, Lisa, who is a Physician's Assitant, was at the party and went right into action by helping him with his head wound before the ambulance arrived. She's a rockstar!

On Sunday I made a feast for my friend Sarah who just had an adorable little baby boy! I made fettucine alreado with chicken (sauce was made by hand--GO ME!). Here's a pic:
I also took her some garlic bread which I cooked on the grill. For myself, I grilled some delicious veggies. Here is a pic:
These veggies were delicious. I mixed them with a smidge of olive oil then put a salt and pepper mixture on them. Then let them grill for about 20-25 minutes total. I just had some for lunch yesterday! YUMMM.

I wrapped up my Sunday night by playing cards with my girlfriends and sisters! We have formed our own card club--we are awesome and cool--and play every other Sunday night. We play a game called Nertz. It's bomb.com.

Another thing I am really excited about:

RASPBERRIES!!

Much Love,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment