Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Softy

I went shopping today. Big flippin' deal, right? Well it was...because usually I am toting my 3 amigos with me. BUT not today. Today, it was just my little B and me. It.was.glorious. I usually look like a frazzled mess with one child screaming hysterically, the other about to fall out of the stroller, and the other child...well if I could find her?! Seriously, get the picture?! Today I looked dignified. Maybe even like a 30 something mom (bonus)! Anyway, the point of my story is this...I think those 3 amigos protected me from all the cray crays that work in retail...they were attacking me...pulling at my dress hem to buy, buy, buy!! AND WOW, I realized I am a softy. I actually felt guilty. I kept thinking I had to buy because these people really want me to and boy are they selling it. BUT HELLO KATIE!!?? The crap they are selling is not in the budget (Oh the budget...thanks for keeping me in check!)or on the "need" list. SO...I used little B to get me off the hook. (I know totally wrong.) I found myself telling every sales associate that I had to nurse my child. It worked like a charm...something about breastfeeding either disgusts or embarrasses the general public. Well, thank the Lord...because today it saved me.

***On a side note. I am going to be updating my living room a bit. My good friend Lindsay is going to help me! YAY! I will share some before and afters for you all! You will also be able to check it out on her blog!

Back to the original subject (Hubs would totally be calling me out for the spider webbing). Here's what I bought today: Hand soap sale at Bath and body $3, Gap dress $13, gap undies $>2. Oh, I did splurge on Charley's Subs. I flippin' love that place...although I am sure my lunch cost more than most of my purchases. Oh well.



Hubs is a half hour out...better go shave my legs! ;)


Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment