Thursday, June 28, 2012

What I want to say but won't.

I am going to practice keeping my mouth shut today.  I would love to go on a rant about why I don't believe in Obamacare...but I don't think "political opinion" can be found on our blog description.  Perhaps Sara will feel differently and give it to ya! 
So, today I am staying on task. I want to share a recipe I am obsessed with these days!  It is simply called Baked Oatmeal.  Yummm...just saying the name gets my taste buds dancing!  I eat this literally every morning.  WHY?  Well, because not only does it taste delicious it is made with things that are good for you too (with the exception of some sugar)! 
The finished delicious product!

Ingredients:
8 eggs
1/2 c olive oil or butter (I have done it both ways, both are great)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 c sugar
7 c old fashion oats
2T + 2tsp baking powder 
2 tsp salt (omit 1 tsp if using salted butter)

Start by cracking the eggs!

Using your Kitchen Aid mixer or hand mixer, beat your eggs, then add your vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, olive oil or melted butter until well blended. NOTE: If using melted butter make sure it is not too hot or it will begin to cook your eggs!  In a separate bowl, mix your oats, baking powder and salt together.
  
Then start combining the 2 mixtures together.  I use the hand mixer or my Kitchen Aid mixer for this step too!  It should look something like this...

Refrigerate overnight.  Spread in 9x9 pan and bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes.  I store it in our refrigerator all week and just heat it in the microwave each morning.  It taste great plain but I like to lightly sprinkle it with brown sugar and pour hot milk over the top!  Other topping suggestions...fruit, raisins or cranberries, chocolate chips, pecans or walnuts....get creative with it!  I swear something about this stuff will keep you full until lunch.  Also, oats make the top 5 list for belly fat burners...and who couldn't use a little help in that area?!  I hope you enjoy Baked Oatmeal as much as I do!

I am going to leave your with my favorite tank top deal of the summer!  I got this (and 3 other colors) for $8 at Old Navy (Who knew ON would be my new hot spot!?).  I felt okay spending $8...but once I tried it on I was smitten...I would have paid $10!!  I love the fit (fitted through bust and flows through waist but not too flowy) and it is super light weight.  You can still find it online too!  Sorry, not a great picture of it!
Oh my word, I am such a cheeser!  I hope you are beating the heat!! 
Peace.out.sister.
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment