Friday, July 27, 2012

Concert, Friends, Outfit, Love and This Weekend



This week I have been reallllly busy, which is always a good thing!  Last night I went to a concert with Colby's sister; the concert was Grace Potter.  In Des Moines, they have a really cool small venue which is located right on the DSM River on a sloping lawn. It's picturesque in every way. Last night was perfect weather..probably low eighties/high seventies. It was GRAND. Anyways, here's some pictures of the venue/stage.

 DSM River. Gorgeous. I love the cement railing. Reminds me of something out of Elizabeth Banks and Mr. Darcy days.


This is where the stage is set up. Grace Potter has a great voice. I hadn't ever really heard her until she did the duet with Kenny Chesney (You and Tequila song), but I reallly like her. I've been listening to some of her stuff today. Her song "Apologies" is really good, so check, check, check it out.

A couple nights ago, my dear friend JENA came in to town, so we met my other dear friend, Paige, out for a bite to eat, followed by Zombie Burger shake. I loooooove seeing these girls. I went to lawschool with them and they are just the kind of people you want in your life!  It's nice when everyone can get together and catch up. We are celebrating Paige's day of birth in a couple weekends on a lake up in northern Iowa. I.AM. PUMPED!
Here are the girls at Zombie Burger..taking a "typical" Zombie Burger pic. Ha.

After dinner with these lovely faces, I met one of my best friends for the late showing of Dark Knight Rises. It was really good. The guy who plays the villian is one of my favorite actors nowadays (Tom Hardy). He was in the MMA Fighting movie.. Can't think of it. Here is who I am talking about:



The Dark Knight Rises star apparently got upset over old footage being shown on the chat show.
He was physically HUGE in this movie. I want to go read about his workout routine because I am sure it was unreal. In this movie he almost looks Hulk-like. Anyways, I think he's a really good actor and he has a BA vibe he puts off. Love that.

Here's a random outfit picture that I wanted to share. The quality is NOT good but I had to take a mirror pic.
The blue tanktop is from Salvation Army. It was $0.60, I believe. I've been trying to wear bright, fun colors this summer. I wore this outfit to work, so I like that it has a high neck. The jeans are old (Paris Blues, I think), the cardigan is from Target from years ago, my shoes are from Marshalls (years old, too), and my belt is one of the belts I bought at Sal Army for $0.50!

Colby and I were fighting a lot this week. I am glad that is over.  I hatttte fighting! But, we are normal, and in my opinion, normal people fight. If you claim you don't fight with your significant other, then honestly, you are weird (or lacking some PASSION)! 

This weekend, I am going to go see this guy with Colby and a bunch of fun people!!!
His song I am most looking forward to hear is "Carolina"!!  The first verse starts with this:
There's a cabin in a valley my grandpa built on your land
Your mountains are a canvas from the Maker's hand
Tonight I'm fishing Elk river if only in my mind
No, I haven't seen her banks in such a long, long time
And to answer your inevitable question, YES, I will be that girl hooting and hollering when I heard the intro to this song! So pumped!  Something random and funny about this song: When I first used to hear it, I thought he was talking about his girl's boobies("Your mountains are a canvas for the Maker's hand"). And, I was like, that's kinda pervy, but at the same time nice he's so "enraptured" with his lady's breasts! HE HA. I will shut up now.
Sorry for the loooong post! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Oh, and one more thing, the pepper plant I posted about where I had a small sized bell pepper, remember that post? I got home and the pepper had got tangled up in another pepper plant, snapping off my only pepper! I think I am going to need to transplant them this weekend! I was SAD!
Alright, bye bye bye!
Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment