Monday, July 16, 2012

Re-paint everything.

Gosh darn...I really, REALLY, really wish I would have taken an art class in high school...I love, LOVE, love painting!  (Plus, we had a wildly fun art teacher! UGH!)  The problem is I don't really know what I am doing.  I always tell myself that artist are not made they are born...but like anything practice and instruction improve on that which is innate.  So, with that being said, I am lacking in the practice and instruction area.
Anyway...I want to share with you a "re-paint" I just did!  I had a large piece of art I had purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond when we were first married, just sitting in the basement collecting dust.  So, one day during nap time I got out my acrylics and went to town....It is nothing remarkable...but I think I gave it a fresh face!  Here is how it turned out.
BEFORE:
The large picture art on the Mantel before!
AFTER:
Isn't it brighter and cheerier?  Maybe not prize worthy but possibly usable!

Since my topic for the day is re-painting everything, I am showing you some oldies I have done as well!  This piece of art came from the old deck that was on our house before we even moved in!  They saved some of the wood for some reason...boy am I glad they did!
Art on old deck wood!
Close-up...so you know it really is old deck wood!
Here is another art project I did out of our old deck wood!
Horrible pick!  It reads,"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am with them!"

And finally, paint leftover plywood from your hubby's latest woodworking project!  This is now hung above our toilet in our guest bath!  I may do a tutorial on how to make this yourself one of these days....It is so easy!


I hope this post will possibly inspire you to find the artist in yourself and search your house for scrap wood and other things to paint!!

Have a great week people!!

Katie


No comments:

Post a Comment