Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sisters.

Upon hearing some unbearably sad news tonight...I felt the need to gush on why I love each of my sisters so much.  Seriously, I am so thankful for each one.

LISA....Lisa is my "big sis."  The best kind...the kind that let me go to high school camp with her when I was a wee 8th grader.  The kind that included me when she had friends over.  The kind that hugged me and comforted me when I was being punished.  The kind that always took my side but told on me when I needed to be told on....get the picture?  As adults...she is a great planner and plans all of our girly outings.  She is gifted in hosting....for example: she doesn't get stressed out to have people over or have college students/family members live with her.  She is focused and a great runner because of it.  She is incredibly smart but completely humble.  She is drop dead gorgeous without an ounce of makeup on or hair done...AND she is that girl who doesn't even know it.

SARA...my Irish twin sister.  Sara is fiercely loyal...seriously, don't say crap about any of her people or she will go hog wild on you....no.holds.bar.  She is well-liked and the life of the party...everyone wants to hang out with Sara.  She is tactfully witty.  She is book smart but incredibly street smart.  She does NOTHING half-ass and works incredibly hard.  She is ambitious and fearless...her solo flight was in record time (according to me).  She can make her hair look fabulous with a pen or pencil.  She is an outdoorsy, girly, tom-boy, hook baitin', country girl in the city.

ALLISON....Allie, Allie, Allie.  The best word to describe her is sweeter than apples.  She is a WONDERFUL friend....I would genuinely like every aspect of her even if she wasn't my sibling.  She is extremely helpful.  She is a giver...not only of time and energy but also a very thoughtful gift giver.  She would do anything for anyone.  She is gifted in care...AND this is why she will be everyone's favorite nurse.  She is non-confrontational and a peace-maker.  I love hanging out with her because she is laid-back and go-with-the-flow.  She has the most amazing hair ever.  Also...my kidlets love her.

Leaving you with a goofy picture of my girls. I hope they grow up and love each other as much as I love my sisters.

Lots of lovin' going on here tonight....
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Love you sister!! I am glad we are all bffs! Your post brought tears to my eyes. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete